Monday, January 4, 2010

News and Music I'm Enjoying

The big news is that I've resigned from my old agency to get back to directing and creating. Call me and let's talk.

Diane Birch is a hot singer who has a very soulful sound.  Her song "Nothing But a Miracle" takes me back to Dusty Springfield & Laura Nyro.
www.dianebirch.com


In addition to her CD, I also like the the acoustic version from the guest apartment:

By the way (especially Salinger), www.baeble.com is a great place to watch live concerts.

Other music I'm enjoying is composer/pianist Coto Pincheira who has a great jazz/afrocarribbean band.  He's just released his first album, The Modern Sound Project. Keyboard Magazine calls him the best unsigned artist.  Check him out at www.cotopincheira.com


And how about Billy Philadelphia?  I used to listen to him at the Albatross in San Francisco and greatly enjoy his Hoagy Carmichael Musical.
www.billyphiladelphia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment